Elegant senior living at a prestigious address
Welcome to The Manor Village at Varsity, a unique planned retirement community in Calgary, Alberta.
Located within The Groves of Varsity development, our superior senior living community features a central courtyard, walking paths, LRT access and extensive surrounding shopping areas. Built in non-combustible steel and concrete, our superior architecture and modern construction techniques provide Residents and families with additional peace of mind.
Choose the level of care you or your loved one requires, whether independent or assisted living. Or opt for highly specialized, person-centered Memory Care for those living with memory impairment, in our gracious, secured Our Hearts neighborhood.
Add our exclusive Lifestyle Experience™ amenities and services, and it’s easy to see why so many seniors are opting to call The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity – home.
Why Retire With Us?
Join our Calgary senior living and retirement Community with Heart.
The Manor Village at Varsity is perfectly positioned to enjoy the local area shopping, plus easy access to the culture and entertainment in Calgary via the local C-Train. Just west of The Groves of Varsity, there is an almost uninterrupted green corridor of parks and open spaces, down to the banks of the Bow River. It’s very straightforward for family and friends to visit you either by car from the nearby highway 1A intersection, or by plane via Calgary International Airport, with its direct C-Train link.
Carefree Retirement and Independent Living
At The Manor Village at Varsity, you can break free from the stresses of home ownership, including endless home maintenance, furnace servicing, snow clearing and even household chores. Our team will take care of all the practicalities, so you can enjoy life to the fullest!
Entertainment and Enjoyment
There’s never a dull moment at The Manor Village at Varsity! Enjoy regular events, outings, live entertainment, themed dining nights, fitness classes, bridge games and much more.
The Manor Village Health and Wellness
At The Manor Village at Varsity, our Health and Wellness team has designed a comprehensive Preserving Independence® Program for all Manor Residents. We offer supportive services that encourage our Residents to StayWell and enjoy a Wellness Model vs an Illness Model.
We have an extensive range of lifestyle services for our seniors.
As a Resident of The Manor Village at Varsity, you can enjoy a range of lifestyle services that contribute to an enjoyable and engaging Lifestyle ExperienceTM and allow you live life to the fullest.
- Exercise and fitness center
- Fitness program and stretch exercise classes
- Spacious courtyards with gazebo
- 24-hour Emergency Call and Response system
- Arts and crafts room
- Billiards and games room
- Bingo, bridge and other entertainment
- Bridge and card games
- 7th floor patio overlooking downtown Calgary and the Canadian Rockies
- Extensive library
- Fireside lounge with evening lounge service
- Onsite movie theatre
- Personal keyed mailboxes
- Personalized fitness program
- Regular spiritual/religious services
- Scheduled transportation services
- Stretch exercise classes
- In-house Massage therapy care
- Situated in an exclusive development in a cul de sac (no through road)
- Modern, non-combustible building with great views across the city from upper windows
- Within easy reach of Varsity Estate Park, Dalton Park
- Short drive from Nose Hill Park and the Bow River
- Local churches, medical facilities and community centre
- Excellent local shops, malls and restaurants
- Easy access to Silver Springs Golf & Country Club
- Close to junction of Highway 1A
- Local bus stops (route 422 Calgary Transit)
- Close to Dalhousie CTrain station for easy access to central Calgary
- Catering services for special occasions and visitors
- Convenience store
- Guest suite for family and friends
- Underground heated and secured parking
Lifestyle Choices at Varsity
At The Manor Village at Varsity, we help you choose the lifestyle that meets your needs,
including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Enhanced Care, and Short Stay.
Enjoy carefree living and your personalized health and wellness program, designed to add life to years.
Independent living with extra assistance when you need it, so you can live life to the fullest without worry.
Our Hearts Memory Care provides a broad range of engaging activities and ongoing guidance.
Monthly Lifestyle Fee
All our Residents enjoy an exceptional Lifestyle Experience® in our purpose-built retirement community in Calgary, AB. Our Residents also love the fact that so many lifestyle services are included in their Monthly Lifestyle Fee, so they rarely need to budget extra for outings and events.
- Personalized Wellness Care Plan (up to 2 hours of care per day, available when Resident sign up for Assistant Living)
- 24-hour Emergency Call and Response System
- Regular Guest Speakers on Health and Wellness Programs
- Fitness Program and Stretch Exercise Classes
- 24-hour on-site Wellness Care Staff
- Physician Office on-site with weekly clinical hours
- 24-hour wellness including a wellness director and / or wellness coordinator
- Activities Coordinator
- Receptionist / Concierge
- Housekeeping Team
- Kitchen and Dining Team
- Lifestyle Marketing Coordinator
- Maintenance Team
- Mobility Coordinator
- Executive Director
- Transportation Coordinator
- Wellness Coordinator
- Wellness Director
- Personal Garbage and Newspaper Removal
- Weekly Housekeeping/ Suite Cleaning Service (Assistance Living only)
- Weekly Personal flat linen service
- Laundry Areas with extra-large capacity washer and dryers on each floor
- Maintenance of the complex including landscaping and planting flowers, snow removal, cleaning windows, changing light bulbs
- Maintenance of interior corridors and all common areas
- Front Door Security System
- All risk/liability/fidelity Insurance for The Manor Village (excludes personal property and liability)
- Property Taxes
- Heat, Water and Sewage
- Smoke detector and sprinkler system throughout each Manor Suite and all common/public areas
The Lease Agreement Plan