Elegant senior living at a prestigious address in Calgary
Welcome to The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity, a unique planned retirement community in Calgary, Alberta.
Located within The Groves of Varsity development, our superior senior living community features a central courtyard, water features, walking paths, LRT access and extensive surrounding shopping areas. Built in non-combustible steel and concrete, our superior architecture and modern construction techniques provide Residents and families with additional peace of mind.
Choose the level of care you or your loved one requires, whether independent or assisted living. Or opt for highly specialized, person-centered Memory Care for those living with memory impairment, in our gracious, secured Our Hearts neighborhood.
Add our exclusive Lifestyle Experience™ amenities and services, and it’s easy to see why so many seniors are opting to call The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity - home.
The Manor Village
at The Groves of Varsity
Join our Calgary retirement Community with Heart and enjoy all the best Northwest Calgary has to offer, right on your doorstep.
- Situated in an exclusive development in a cul de sac (no through road)
- Modern, non-combustible building with great views across the city from upper windows
- Within easy reach of Varsity Estate Park, Dalton Park
- Short drive from Nose Hill Park and the Bow River
- Local churches, medical facilities and community centre
- Excellent local shops, malls and restaurants
- Easy access to Silver Springs Golf & Country Club
- Close to junction of Highway 1A
- Local bus stops (route 422 Calgary Transit)
- Close to Dalhousie CTrain station for easy access to central Calgary
Why retire to Northwest Calgary
The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity is perfectly positioned to enjoy the local area shopping, plus easy access to the culture and entertainment in Calgary via the local C-Train. Just west of The Groves of Varsity, there is an almost uninterrupted green corridor of parks and open spaces, down to the banks of the Bow River. It’s very straightforward for family and friends to visit you either by car from the nearby highway 1A intersection, or by plane via Calgary International Airport, with its direct CTrain link. And if your grandchildren are studying at the University of Calgary, that’s just down the road too!
Elegant Senior Living Community
As a Resident of The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity, you can enjoy a range of lifestyle services that contribute to an enjoyable and engaging Lifestyle ExperienceTM and allow you live life to the fullest.
Special Services and Lifestyle Amenities
- 24-hour Emergency Call and Response system
- Arts and crafts room
- Billiards and games room
- Bingo, bridge and other entertainment
- Bridge and card games
- Computer area with internet access
- Exercise and fitness center
- Extensive library
- Fireside lounge with evening lounge service
- Onsite movie theatre
- Personal keyed mailboxes
- Personalized fitness program
- Regular spiritual/religious services
- Scheduled transportation services
- Stretch exercise classes
- Valet service
Additional Amenities include:
- Catering services for special occasions and visitors
- Convenience store
- Guest suite for family and friends
- Underground heated and secured parking
Professional Services at The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity
All our Residents enjoy an exceptional Lifestyle Experience® in our purpose-built retirement community in Calgary, AB. Our Residents also love the fact that so many lifestyle services are included in their Monthly Lifestyle Fee, so they rarely need to budget extra for outings and events.
Carefree Retirement Living in Calgary, Canada
At The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity, you can break free from the stresses of home ownership, including endless home maintenance, furnace servicing, snow clearing and even household chores. Our team will take care of all the practicalities, so you can enjoy life to the fullest!
Entertainment and Outings to Enjoy
There’s never a dull moment at The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity! Enjoy regular events, outings, live entertainment, themed dining nights, fitness classes, bridge games and much more.
Health and Wellness Program
At The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity, our Health and Wellness team has designed a comprehensive Preserving Independence® Program for all Manor Residents. We offer supportive services that encourage our Residents to StayWell and enjoy a Wellness Model vs an Illness Model.
Lifestyle Choices at The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity
At The Manor Village, we offer independent living, assisted living and memory care for you or your loved one.
Independent Living Lifestyle
Independent senior living in Northwest Calgary with excellent dining, activities, entertainment and a tailor-made health and wellness program, designed to help you keep active for longer.
Our Hearts Memory Care
Based on our philosophy of person-centered care, Our Hearts Memory Care respects and honors the unique qualities, interests, and needs of each person. Each Our Hearts Memory Care neighborhood provides a structured and supportive care environment so that our Residents with memory impairment can live with support and dignity.
OPTIONS FOR RESIDENCY
If your lifestyle is such that leasing is convenient and preferable to you, enjoy the option to lease your suite. Lease fees include all the benefits of The Manor Lifestyle as well as the Meal Program.
Please speak to one of our Lifestyle Marketing Professionals to learn more.
Lifestyle Experience™ Services
Enjoy an exceptional Lifestyle ExperienceTM at The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity, Calgary NW.
Your Manor Village Fine Dining Experience
At The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity, our elegant Dining Rooms offer healthy, delicious and nutritious meals to Residents. Our Independent and Assisted living Residents can enjoy breakfast, hearty lunches and delicious dinners in the Medallion Dining Room. Our Hearts Memory Care can enjoy their own special menu and exceptional levels of service in the Sunrise Dining Room.
Health & Wellness
The Manor Village Health & Wellness program was specially created to meet the changing health needs of our Residents. We’ll devise a tailor-made plan to your requirements, to optimize your wellbeing and enhance your enjoyment of life.
Mosaic Activities and Entertainment
Every year we choose a theme for our senior activities, entertainment, special dining evening and outings. We call this the Mosaic program, and it’s included in your Monthly Lifestyle fee.
Carefree Retirement Living at The Manor Village at The Groves of Varsity
Enjoy a carefree retirement without the worry of running and maintaining a home, high utilities bills and endless snow shoveling!
Read more about living a carefree retirement in Calgary AB…
MONTHLY LIFESTYLE FEE
Your Monthly Lifestyle Fee for the Manor Village at The Groves at Varsity includes:
Health and Wellness Support Services
- Personalized Wellness Care Plan (up to 2 hours of care per day)
- 24-hour Emergency Call and Response System
- Regular Guest Speakers on Health and Wellness Programs
- Fitness Program and Stretch Exercise Classes
- 24-hour on-site Wellness Care Staff
- Physician Office on-site with weekly clinical hours
Exceptional Employee Team
- 24-hour Wellness Team
- Activities Coordinator
- Housekeeping Team
- Kitchen and Dining Team
- Lifestyle Marketing Coordinator
- Maintenance Team
- Mobility Coordinator
- Resident Administrator
- Transportation Coordinator
- Valet Team
- Wellness Coordinator
- Wellness Director
- Meal Program (includes 3 meals per day)
- Personal Garbage and Newspaper Removal
- Weekly Housekeeping/ Suite Cleaning Service
- Weekly Flat Linen Service
- Weekly Laundry Service
Maintenance/ Security Services
- Maintenance of the complex including landscaping and planting flowers, snow removal, cleaning windows, changing light bulbs
- Maintenance of interior corridors and all common areas
- Front Door Security System
- All risk/liability/fidelity Insurance for The Manor Village (excludes personal property and liability)
- Property Taxes
- Heat, Water and Sewage
- Smoke detector and sprinkler system throughout each Manor Suite and all common/public areas