Elegant independent and assisted living for seniors in SW Calgary, Alberta
Welcome to The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park, an aging in place community with amenities for enhancing the lives for seniors in Calgary, Alberta.
Conveniently located in a well-established neighborhood in Southwest Calgary, The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park is situated close to Calgary’s finest park. With numerous amenity areas nearby, as well as shopping centers and grocery stores, our Senior community is next to the City Transit/Light Rail Transit system.
Our Residents enjoy the opportunities for enjoying life is a safe environment where non-combustible construction concrete sets high standards for senior living.
- Independent Living with availability of multiple services.
- Assistance in Living with daily skilled staff.
- Our Hearts Memory Care within a safe and secured neighborhood for Seniors with memory challenges that impacts their safety.
Our unique all-inclusive program provides a wide range of services and amenities. Our skilled staff participate with the Resident to Preserve Their IndependenceTM
Call 403-918-2127 today to learn more
The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park
Join our Calgary senior living and retirement Community with Heart, situated in the established Shawnee Slopes neighborhood in South West Calgary, Canada.
- Within easy reach of Fish Creek Provincial Park
- Modern, stylish design and décor
- Constructed using non-combustible concrete and steel (B2Grade)
- Short drive to Shawnee Community Park with tennis courts
- Local churches, shops, malls and community center
- Local golf courses nearby (Willow Park, Canyon Meadows, etc)
- Close to junction of the Macleod Trail SE (Highway 2A)
- Short walk to local bus stops (routes 11,12, 15, 52 Calgary Transit)
- Next door to Fish Creek CTrain station for easy access to central Calgary, or south to the extensive shopping areas at Shawnessy
Why retire to Southwest Calgary
The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park is ideally situated for easy access to meadows and the extensive green spaces and riverside walks of Fish Creek Park. Enjoy easy access to the culture and entertainment in Calgary center via the local C-Train station, with regular service into the downtown area.
Family and friends will find it easy for visiting, with simple driving access from the nearby highway intersection, or by plane via Calgary International airport, and its train link. If any grandchildren are studying at the St Mary’s University, it is just across the road, giving this area a lively and youthful feel.
At The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park, our extensive range of lifestyle services offer Seniors an exceptional Lifestyle ExperienceTM.
Special Services and Lifestyle Amenities
- 24-hour emergency call and response system
- Bridge, bingo and card games
- Educational center and theatre
- Exercise and Fitness Center & classes
- Fireside lounge
- Fitness Program including yoga, strength training, stretch class and balance class
- Individual keyed mailboxes
- Private Residents’ transport services
- Regular live entertainment
- Spiritual/religious services
- Memory Enhancement through Research & Education
Additional Amenities include:
- Beauty/barber salon
- Catering services for families and friends
- Convenience store
- Creek Side Café
- Nutri Bistro
- Resident storage
- Senior day support program
- Underground heated and secured parking
Professional services at The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park
We want all our Residents to enjoy an exceptional Lifestyle ExperienceTM.
Carefree Retirement and Independent Living
Enjoy your retirement and senior years without the worry and concerns of home ownership or household jobs that turn into major chores. Our purpose-built retirement community offers relaxed, comfortable and secure senior living, where you don’t even have to change a lightbulb or wash your linen!
Entertainment and Enjoyment
Your diary will be full of enjoyable activities when you join our senior community, from live entertainment to outings, special dining nights, bingo, educational seminars, and more.
The Manor Village Health and Wellness
At The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park, we are here to preserve your health and wellness. As a Resident, you access a wide range of healthcare related services to help Preserve Your Independence.
Lifestyle Choices at The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park
At The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park, we help you choose the lifestyle that meets your needs, including Independent Living with available support, Assisted Living, or Memory Care
Independent Living with Requested Support
Enjoy carefree living and your personalized health and wellness program, designed to add life to years and years to life.
Assisted Living Lifestyle
Independent living with extra assistance when you need it, so you can live life to the fullest without worry.
Our Hearts Memory Care
Specialized Memory Care for those requiring guidance and support within a structured and safe environment. Fish Creek Park is also the home of The Gordie Howe C.A.R.E.S (Center for Alzheimer’s, Research, & Education Society) and its innovative Adult Day Support Program (ADSP) to address the significant relief to support providers of care.
OPTIONS FOR RESIDENCY
The Lease Agreement Plan
At The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park, we provide needed support for you to enjoy life here in our South Calgary Senior Community With Heart!
Monthly Lease fees include all the benefits of The Manor Lifestyle as well as the monthly meal program, lifestyle services, health and wellness program, and much more.
Please speak to one of our Lifestyle Marketing Coordinators to learn more.
The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park offers delicious dining options in our exceptional Medallion Dining Room. Our Hearts Memory Care Residents enjoy healthy cuisine in the bright Sunrise Dining Room.
Enjoy a healthy breakfast, a hearty and well-balanced larger lunch, and delicious evening lighter meals, served by our friendly staff. Our professional chef personally creates the monthly menu, offering high quality, nutritious meals and a range of choices, as well as daily specials.
The Manor Village Meal Program
The Manor Village Meal Program gives you a choice of healthy and well-balanced meals that change daily. All of our meals are freshly prepared onsite by our Red Seal Chef, so you can enjoy healthy, flavorsome dining with your fellow Residents every day.
Our Meal Program includes:
- A lighter evening meal to assist with digestion
- A hearty larger lunch
- An excellent breakfast featuring hot and cold items
If you are feeling unwell, we offer a tray service to your Manor Suite. Our team are also delighted to provide private catering options for birthdays and other special occasions that you can host for friends and family.
Residents’ Health and Wellness Program
Every Resident here at The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park has their own, personalized Preserving IndependenceTM health and fitness program. Our team work with you to help you lead an active life in line with a Wellness Model, not an Illness Model.
Events, Activities and Outings
Enjoy a wide range of entertainment, outings, games and activities at The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park - there’s never a dull moment here!
MONTHLY LIFESTYLE FEE
At The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park, we aim to make your Lifestyle ExperienceTM as enjoyable as possible. So, our all-inclusive monthly fee covers all the major services, from emergency call button to entertainment, and with additional options if you require them.
Health and Wellness Support Services
- 24-hour emergency call and response system
- Regular guest speakers on health and wellness programs
- Fitness program and stretch exercise classes
- 24-hour on-site care staff
- Physician Office on-site with weekly clinical hours
- For Assisted Living, skilled staff are available for 2 hours of care a day
- Support Compression Stockings
- Foot-Care Support
- Memory Enhancement Research & Education
These are all included with Assisted Living, and are optional with Independent Living
- Personal garbage removal
- Weekly housekeeping/ suite cleaning service
- Weekly flat linen service
- Weekly laundry service
Exceptional Employee Team
- 24-hour well trained Wellness Team
- Housekeeping and Laundry Team
- Kinesiologist/Mobility Specialist
- Kitchen and Dining Team
- Lifestyle Marketing Coordinator Team
- Maintenance Team
- Move in Coordinator
- Proactive Wellness Technician
- Receptionist/Creek Side Team
- Recreation Director
- Recreational Therapist
- Resident Administrator
- Transportation Coordinator
- Wellness Coordinator
- Wellness Director
Maintenance/ Security Services
- Maintenance of The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park complex including landscaping and planting flowers, snow removal, cleaning windows, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Maintenance of interior corridors and all common areas
- Front door security system
- All risk/liability/fidelity Insurance for The Manor Village (excludes personal property and liability)
- Property taxes
- Heat, water and sewage
- Smoke detector and sprinkler system throughout
The Gordie Howe Center for Dementia Care
As a part of giving back to Calgary and surrounding area, Dr. Garth Mann, CEO of the Statesman Group has donated 3,500 square feet in The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park for the Gordie Howe Centre for Dementia Care. This innovative idea is a result of alarming statistics where 40,000 people in Alberta suffer from some form of dementia, and the numbers will continue to grow.
The Gordie Howe Centre for Dementia Care will provide much needed educational and research opportunities, in addition to a dementia day support program offered to the public.
More specifically, from a research perspective we are very interested in understanding how diet, sleep and exercise play a role in someone’s ability to “fight”, delay, or arrest the onset of dementia symptoms or the pathological markers associated with the disease.
In the designed Educational Theatre at The Manor Village at Fish Creek Park, we are keen to look at educating the public on the various research initiatives happening locally, nationally or abroad.
Furthermore, we are hoping to tie this into how we ensure the local and surrounding community gleans a better understanding including, but not limited to:
- Where research is going
- Educating the public on prevention and health promotion in the mitigation of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia’s
- What strategies we can employ to support caregiver’s and those impacted by this devastating disease
The Adult Day Support Program
The Gordie Howe Centre for Dementia Care supports an innovative Adult Day Support Program to benefit the local community and the significant needs of caregivers. This core element will allow those persons providing care to a senior with memory loss the opportunity for a break in their schedule of care-giving.
We believe that The Gordie Howe Centre for Dementia Care will be seen as a local “beacon”, recognized as supporting the local needs of those whom are impacted with this devastating disease across Canada.