Massage Therapist at The Manor Village Life Centers
"It is not uncommon for seniors to experience pain and stiffness in muscles and joints. My passion is to assist Resident-Members desire to be active and get the most out of life through massage therapy." - Massage Therapist
Massage therapy is an important part of the comprehensive health and wellness services that keep our residents, healthy, mobile and living independent lives for longer
Benefits Of Massage Therapy For Seniors
There are numerous physical benefits of massage therapy, including:
- Improving your circulatory system through the massaging of muscles and ligament tissues
- Loosening of tight ligaments or prevention of muscle spasms that are common with aging
- Boosts energy and mental awareness
Drug-Free Pain Management
Massage therapy also offers a natural, drug-free alternative to pain management, offering relief for those who suffer from headaches and joint and muscle aches.
Emotional Benefits Of Senior Massages
At The Manor Village, we’ve seen for ourselves the emotional and cognitive benefits of massage. Studies have shown that human touch can reduce the feelings of anxiety, depression, stress and loneliness. Massage therapy has been used successfully in the treatment of those suffering from Alzheimer’s, to facilitate communication and relaxation.
Massage Therapy At The Manor Village Life Centers
Our senior massage services are available in-house, so resident can enjoy their benefits without the need to travel to a clinic.
- Gentle, senior-approved massage techniques
- Private individual appointments available in our soothing treatment center
- Private massage therapy treatments also available in the privacy of your own suite.
A full medical history is taken before massage treatments
We believe there is truly nothing more beneficial for your body and soul than a well-performed massage. For more details of our in-house senior massage therapy services, call us, email us, or schedule a tour of your local Manor Village Life Center.