Executive Chef and Dining at The Manor Village Life Centers
Elegant dining, nutritious meals, freshly prepared
At The Manor Village, we believe that every meal served to our senior residents should be memorable - for all the right reasons!
As a resident of The Manor Village, you’ll enjoy freshly prepared, well-balanced meals in our elegant and spacious dining rooms. You can invite family and friends too, to enjoy delicious food and meet your friends in The Manor Village community.
"My passion is creating comfort food with the freshest ingredients infused with the love 'Home Cooking' brings to our table. From our herb garden to coastal seafood and local farm produce my culinary team strives to bring our best to every plate." - Executive Chef
Special Recipes For Senior Cuisine
So often, retirement home food is bland, disappointing and not always suitable for aging digestive systems. At The Manor Village, we have created a unique recipe book of dishes and cuisine that have been developed by experts especially for senior digestions.
As we age, our body becomes more sensitive to glutens, processed white flour, white sugars, heavy starches and cheeses. Our Manor Village Chefs are trained to prepare delicious, healthy cuisine while minimizing additives, glutens, refined sugars and processed flours.
Fresh, Local, Naturally Better
At the heart of every meal is The Manor Village food philosophy - fresh, local and as natural as possible.
- Every Manor Village chef limits transfats, refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup, bleached white flour and additives by bringing only the freshest available foods to your table.
- We offer fresh fruit as a start to a great evening meal. Research shows that fruit is digested very quickly and uses different enzymes than any other food type. When wholesome fruit is trapped behind slower digesting foods, it may ferment in the stomach causing gas and discomfort.
- We include fiber in our menus, which is found in complex carbohydrates (whole wheat, etc.). High fiber food choices should be consumed during breakfast and lunch when the metabolism is at its peak.
- All of our soups are prepared fresh daily. Dried and canned soups are avoided because they may be high in sodium and chemical additives that can cause high blood pressure – hypertension.
- Our goal is to provide the freshest local produce available and we encourage eating fruits and vegetables in every color of the rainbow!
- The healing benefits of green tea are well known. As such, it is our recommended choice and is available in our dining rooms and cafes.
Come Dine With Us
Come on over to our place for lunch or dinner! We invite you and your family to join us to enjoy The Manor Village dining experience for yourself. Join our residents for a delicious, freshly cooked meal, and discover why senior care has never tasted so good!
Expert Care For Every Need
Every Manor Village Life Center has a team of specialists and experts ready to help residents. This skilled team of experts may include:
- Health & Wellness Team
- Sleep Expert
- Massage Therapist
- Geriatric Pharmacist
- Orthotic/Podiatrist Specialist
- Mobility Specialist
- Activity & Lifestyle Team
- Carefree Living Team